Taking it up a notch Monday, March 22, 2010

Another week is over, and I'm continuing to make progress towards my goal. It occurred to me late last week that while I've been making sure to continue to increase the intensity of my weight-lifting routine, I haven't really been doing that that with my cardio. This could be bad, since cardio is the main part of my workout, and it's thing I do the most (up to 11 sessions in a given week).

Keeping this in mind, I made three changes to my routine this weekend. One change involved increasing the time of my biking sessions. On Sunday, I went for 50 minutes, and today I went for 40 minutes. I've also increased the resistance, starting at 6 and increasing by a level every five minutes. On the weight-lifting side, I've added an extra set of reps, but I may need to re-evaluate that (or at least the resistance).

As of today, I've already noticed a significant difference, as my weight is dropping at a faster-than-usual rate again. I think I will add an extra five minutes to my biking every week or two, and up the starting resistance by one on a regular basis. We'll see how it works.

Outside of that, today is my second day of no caffeine, and I feel pretty good. I don't have any headaches, and I have a good amount of energy. I also am starting to feel like I'm losing; my clothes are much looser, and I can even wear clothes that I previously could not. I'm about to go under 330 pounds for the first time since my freshman year of college. I'm almost at the point where I can drop a clothing size. Both are pretty awesome to me, even if I still have a long way to complete my goal.

Weight as of 3/22/10: 330.6 pounds
Weight lost since 1/1/10: 27.4 pounds

0 comments: